Top 5 Songs to Listen to When Doing Homework
If you’re an auditory learner like me, you might enjoy listening to some music as you work on homework or other projects. Whenever I am doing any kind of writing work or project, it is easier for me to concentrate if I have something to listen to. My favorite type of music to listen to while doing work is instrumental rock. There are no lyrics in this music, just ambient sounds and instruments. It’s perfect for people who are looking for something to help them focus on their work. So for those of you looking for some auditory inspiration, here are my top five instrumental rock songs.
- “Your Hand in Mine” – Explosions in the Sky: This band is probably most famous for their scores in the NBC show, “Friday Night Lights,” but they are one of the pioneers of instrumental rock music. Their melodic tone and epic feel make them a great study companion for any student.
- “Forever Lost” – God is an Astronaut: God is an Astronaut does an excellent job in incorporating pianos and techno beats. The bands’ high energy is the perfect cure to help you wake up from writer’s block.
- “Happiness: We’re in this Together” – This Will Destroy You: TWDU is best known for their slow ballad-like songs. As you listen to this song, you can imagine a slow-motion montage of your life scrolling on the big screen.
- “Ashes in the Snow” – Mono: This band can probably be considered one of the founding fathers of instrumental rock. They have helped inspire other bands such as Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You. “Ashes in the Snow” is a great example of their instrumental brilliance.
- “In Ruins” – The Burning Paris: I have this song firmly implanted in my instrumental mix because the violin solo in “In Ruins” is simply spectacular. This song shows that dynamic violin performances aren’t only found in orchestras.
And that is my fab five. Each has their own unique quality, but all of them are great examples of this music genre. So the next time you’re stuck and are in need of a musical muse, check out some of these instrumental rock performers.